Bring your students to Sheepworld to enjoy a step by step insight into how we in New Zealand farm our sheep, then harvest and use their wool.
Sheepworld is an all -weather venue and our tailor-made packages of activities for school groups will fulfill many parts of your curriculum. Your students could easily fill in a whole day experiencing many of the following activities some of which can be arranged especially for your group:
- A Sheep and Dog show is held twice daily at 11am and 2pm where the dogs round up and bring in the sheep, which are then sorted and shorn. Other times are available for groups upon request.
- Rural craft activities for groups; wool spinning, butter making all held indoors.
- Eco Discovery Trail and native plant workshops. These provide a close-up look at our unique New Zealand Flora and Fauna and learn about how our native plants can be used. We’ll also talk about Maori mythology, beliefs and traditions on what can be found and used in the NZ bush.
- Also learn about our unique wildlife, and what is being done to protect them from pests and predators.
- Visit our complete farmyard of animals including alpacas, pigs, donkeys, miniature horses, goats and sheep.
- Optional Animal Encounters; learn more in depth about selected animals and interact with them in a controlled environment.
We also have a marquee and picnic area available for eating packed lunches or morning/afternoon tea.
Our onsite Berries Cafe and Organic Ice-Creamery serves a tasty selection of snacks and meals, and great coffee. Plus of course a selection of delicious real-fruit organic ice creams. Group menus (including picnic boxes) available on request.
You will find it hard to resist checking out our shop stocked with quality, natural NZ products.
Check us out on you tube; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEjTNX1_4N0
Or visit www.sheepworldfarm.co.nz/
Sheepworld is located on State Highway One (SH1) 65 KMs north of central Auckland, 4 kms North of Warkworth. Driving time from Auckland’s harbour bridge is approximately 40 minutes and it is a very scenic and picturesque drive. There is lots of free parking on-site.
Bring your students for an entertaining and educational experience they won’t forget.
To contact the Sheepworld team for special group rates and packages.
Phone: 09 425 7444 or Email email@example.com